With your help, we can continue to bring high level on-line programming to our local, national and international audiences! Please support CSP today with a donation on-line at this LINK or by check to CSP at 5 Klamath, Irvine, CA 92612. CSP offers donors many benefits in addition to on-line and live programming, check out the list below! Membership levels are per household, maximum 2 persons. CSP live-streams programs on our CSP Facebook site and shares recordings on our CSP YouTube Channel (please visit and subscribe).
1. Members Only Programs: While many of our online programs are free of charge, certain programs are for “members only” or have a charge to the general public (includes our summer scholar series with Howard Lupovitch – 4-part series entitled "Secrets & Sabotage":
The Intriguing World of Jewish Spies – Sunday June 4, 11, 18 & 25, 2023, our CSP+ discussion groups and some of our our one-month scholar sessions);
2. Virtual Travel Adventure Series: CSP members are invited to participate in our special online virtual travel series, to include 6 interesting locations over the next 12 months;
3. CSP Member Site: Access to password-protected member area on our website (includes special videos of past programs, articles, features and contests). Our password will change on June 1st.
Friend level benefits, plus:
1. Travel Adventures. CSP “Supporter” level membership is required to participate in any of our travel adventures. In the next 12 months, we are planning for a Fall adventure to Spain and a May 19-27, 2024 “Israel Through Art and Culture” adventure with Shirel Horovitz;
2. YouTube Unlisted. CSP “Supporters” may request access to recordings that are not publicly available on our CSP YouTube channel;
3. Eastern Shore RH Honey from Bee Inspired. Eastern Shore Maryland Honey is more than a sweetener. It is a sweet, curative, natural, ancient food that feeds the mind, the body, and the soul. All Eastern Shore Honey is raw, unpasteurized, and Star K Certified Kosher.
Sustainer level benefits, plus:
1. First in Line. Priority opportunity to register and join a CSP travel adventure before we sell out our group;
2. Your Name in an Acrostic Poem. We will craft an acrostic poem using your name (or you may choose another person’s name). An acrostic is a poem or other word composition in which the first letter (or syllable, or word) of each new line (or paragraph, or other recurring feature in the text) spells out a word, message or the alphabet. Acrostics are common in medieval literature, where they usually serve to highlight the name of the poet or his patron.
Benefactor level benefits, plus:
1. Adult Retreat. Invitation to attend, at no charge, our 16th Annual Adult Retreat at the Luskin Conference Center in Los Angeles, CA (located on the UCLA campus). Includes one room-night, 3 meals, 3 presentations and much more! Sessions will be shared over the internet for patrons who are not able to be with us in person;
2. Private Event with CSP’s Annual One Month Scholar. Invitation to attend private event with CSP’s 23rd Annual One Month Scholar – Howard Lupovitch (the theme for our month will be “Breaking Barriers: The Jewish Impact on American Music and Entertainment”)
Patron level benefits, plus:
1. Olive Oil from Israel. Three bottles of high-quality Kosher extra virgin boutique olive oil from the Jezreel Valley in Israel, personalized with your name or the name of your choice;
2. Synagogue Partner Sponsorship. Sponsor a synagogue or other institution in our CSP Synagogue Partner Program (you choose or let us choose one in your honor);
3. Choose a Scholar. CSP will host an online event with your favorite scholar! Bring back a past presenter or give us some new names and we will host an event in your honor for the entire CSP community.
Gold Patron level benefits, plus
1. Your Family Shtetl: Evgenia Kempinski will research one family shtetl of your choice and lead a private zoom session for you and your guests about the shtetl (please share the shtetl name and country);
2. Curated Food Boxes. Pre-Rosh Hashana and Pre-Chanukah food boxes, curated for your taste buds (please tell us if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies)
Platinum Patron level benefits, plus, choice of:
1. Private Bagels & Lox Event at Boil & Bake. Enjoy a private bagel & lox tasting event for you and up to 12 friends at Boil & Bake in Costa Mesa, CA. Includes 4 kinds of delicious house bagels, amazing house cured lox, and an opportunity to hear from Carlos Perez, the passionate founder of Boil & Bake;
2. Wine from Israel. Six bottles of high-quality Kosher wine from the lower Golan Heights in Israel, personalized with your name or the name of your choice.
Supporter level benefits (other than Item 3), plus:
2. Program Dedication. Dedicate a program in honor or memory of a friend, relative, your clergy, your synagogue, etc.;
3. A Box of Michael’s Mandel Bread. It is not a cookie. It is not a cake. It is in a league of its own. Truly a bespoke baked good, Michael’s goal is to share his love of this unique mandel bread with you. See more at this LINK.
Endower level benefits, plus, choice of:
1. SIX 13 Production. CSP will engage the Six13 groundbreaking, six-man a cappella vocal band, to compose an original song in your honor (eight award-winning albums have landed Six13 among the top Jewish music artists on iTunes and Spotify. Music from those albums has been adapted by choirs worldwide, played on mainstream radio across the globe, and selected for ten “best-of” compilations to date. Six13 has received distinctions and accolades from Jewish organizations like the National Council of Young Israel and Moment Magazine, and awards from musical organizations like the Harmony Sweepstakes and the Contemporary A Cappella Society of America. They are three-time finalists in casting for NBC’s prime-time hit “The Sing-Off”);
2. Highlights of the JTS Art Collection. Enjoy an unforgettable visit to the world-class collection of Hebrew manuscripts in the JTS Library’s Special collection with curator Sharon Liberman Mintz (you bring up to 6 guests with you for this special high level donor benefit). With the largest collection of Hebrew manuscripts on earth, the most complete collection of early Hebrew printed books (incunables), 43,000 fragments from the Cairo Genizah, and much more, there are few collections that offer students, scholars, and visitors material of such quality, depth, and breadth. Sharon specializes in the fields of Illuminated Hebrew manuscripts and rare printed books. Over the course of 30 years at the Library, she has curated more than 40 exhibitions, authored ten exhibition catalogs and has lectured extensively on a variety of topics in the fields of Jewish Art and rare Hebrew books. As the Senior Consultant for Judaica at Sotheby’s since 1995, Sharon has cataloged and appraised Hebrew books for Judaica sales worldwide for over two decades.